- Are you looking for an independent Sales role, with the opportunity to grow an entire region?
- Are you passionate about technical or Consultative sales within the Electronics and Electrical hardware industries, with a successful background?
- Can you work autonomously, are willing to travel all across Germany, Austria and Switzerland and are motivated by the rewards of an excellent salary and benefits package?
Look no further..
Denovo is working in partnership with a specialist British Sourcer, developer and Supplier of high-quality Electrical and Electronic components, including Custom Cable-assemblies, Connectors and Display Systems, with their HQ based in the South of England. They have a Testing and Distribution-center in Germany, which successfully serves a large portfolio of existing Clients in Europe.
Due to the need to continue, but more importantly build on their presence in Europe, they require a motivated, energetic Business Development Manager to join them and drive Sales across the German-speaking region! Managing-relationships and converting existing orders from existing clients (20%), your main focus will be to drive new business-relationships with new clients - OEM's of varying sizes (80%), which will hopefully become long-standing Corporate accounts.
In a role that is both complex and varied, you will firstly be based from home, but will spend your time traveling extensively across the region to meet with potential new-clients and Prospects, share with them the product portfolio. The role will require you to keep and develop a knowledge of the product you are selling - Cable-Assemblies - waterproof, over-moulded, I/O assemblies for example - as you may be needed to Consult Engineers in the design/NPI phase.
This role will see you involved in the prospecting - either cold or from existing network relationships, contributing to and delivering tender-presentations, Negotiating and closing agreements, Consulting Clients prior to and during the development phase and managing relationships. You will report into the Sales Director in the UK and communicate with them on a bi-weekly basis!
Why you should apply for this job...
- The opportunity to sell to major blue-chip Manufacturers in the German-speaking region - Siemens, Bosch, Schneider and Wurth for example, whilst generating new customers!
- The autonomy and responsibility to work on your own, be responsible for your own business, but have excellent internal support from Engineering and market-experts;
- An excellent Company reputation and brand that you can front in Europe;
- An excellent Base salary, commission opportunities, expenses for all travel, Company car and Tools of trade;
Skills you'll need...
- You must be educated to Degree level - preferably in an Electronics or Engineering related discipline - but if not, just a business-related Degree;
- A minimum of 5 years' successful B2B Sales and Business Development experience in the electronics or Electrical engineering Industries is essential;
- You must have an existing/live network within the Electrical OEM market and would be able, to leverage this to generate new clients and prospects;
- Prior experience of selling the following products is preferred - Cable Assemblies, Connectors, Displays, wireless systems for example;
- Prior-experience of Consultative/Technical Sales is essential - you must be comfortable in communicating with sales Managers, Purchasing professionals but also Product-developers and engineers.
- You must be familiar with selling Custom, or specialist solutions, are familiar with longer sales cycles and can drive a project to completion;
- You are a mature, Business Development professional, who can work autonomously, be trusted with their sales targets and the autonomy to build the business throughout a region and have no problem with remote reporting-requirements;
- You are natural sales, professional - can sniff out new sales opportunities and leads, and know the best way to approach them - whether this is cold or warm-acquisition;
- You are native level in German, but also fluent in English - your employer will be British, with a UK HQ;
- Preferably you will be based in the South of Germany - in close proximity (close driving times) to Munich, Augsburg, Stuttgart as well as Salzburg and Zurich etc.
Why work with Denovo....
Finding your next job through Denovo means being able to explore the best Sales & Marketing positions, getting the best remuneration package and making sure we work closely together, allowing you to always make the right decision. Denovo is a mixed team of local and International Recruitment experts, with an expansive network and access to the fastest-growing markets!
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please send your resume to Marta.Garau@denovorecruitment.nl or give me a call on +31(0)20 523 1054.