Purchasing Director - APAC
|Functietitel:||Purchasing Director - APAC|
|job Gepubliceerd:||August 28, 2019 18:00|
- Have you got an experience of managing a mid-sized team, have a strong-eye for Quality but can a good commercial mind-set?
- How about taking up a key-role within a successful international Components broker, to take your career to the next level?;
This one might be for you...
Denovo is working in partnership with one of our esteemed clients and leader of Open-source a mixture of IC and Board electronic components Distributions worldwide. With global offices, over 200+ people, they combine 20+ years' success in the industry, are known for their commitment to quality and for high-level relationship-management with OEM's in Aviation, Oil & Gas, Defense for example.
They are looking to make a highly-strategic appointment - recruiting for a Senior Purchasing professional to jon them as Director of Purchasing for APAC. Combining experience of successful Purchasing, Vendor and supply-management within the industry and leading a team of up to 10 Buyers, you will be a key management figure not only within the Region, but across the entire Group.
You will be responsible for smooth Purchasing operations, with the aim of guaranteeing sales success and you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and commission scheme, as well as the chance to be part of the most dynamic brokers in the industry.
You will be based at the client's APAC HQ in Singapore, will travel to China (Shenzhen and Shanghai in particular) and will report in to the Global Director of Purchasing, in the US.
Requirements for the role...
- Ideally you'll be educated to Degree-Level, however this is not essential;
- A minimum of 10 years' working as a Buyer/purchaser within the electronics distribution industry, supported by at least 5 years' team-management or leadership experience;
- You must have worked within an Independent broker business, buying components like CPU's, Memory and IC components - essential.
- You will be a natural-leader, along with being a skilled people-manager, able to motivate a team of 10 Buyers;
- You will have a large network of suppliers and partners, able to manage-relationships, look for opportunities for cost-improvements, in order to increase market-share;
- You will have a strong eye for quality and ensure best-practices are always upheld within the team;
- You will report to the Global Director of Purchasing in the US,a so you will be comfortable with remote-management;
- You will be an excellent problem-solver, able to support your team in complex situations and disputes;
- You must be fluent in English and ideally Mandarin-Chinese; knowledge of the Malay-language would be highly-advantageous for the Region;
Why you should apply for this job...?
- An excellent salary, with a strong commission-scheme and benefits-package;
- The opportunity to lead an already-successful team, within a highly-respected Independent distributor and develop your career;
- The ability to work for a company with an excellent reputation, record for quality and opportunity to grow;
Why work with Denovo....
Finding your next job through Denovo means being able to explore the best Sales & Marketing positions, getting the best remuneration package and making sure we work closely together, allowing you to always make the right decision. Denovo is a mixed team of local and International Recruitment experts, with an expansive network and access to the fastest-growing markets!
If this sounds like a role you'd be interested in, please call Matthew Andrews on +31(0)20 523 1053, or send your resume to Matthew.Andrews@denovorecruitment.nl